Hey, y'all! Welcome to my new house! It's pretty, isn't it?
You know, my dear friend, Rhonda, gently suggested for years that I consider switching blogging platforms.
"It's so much prettier," she'd tell me.
"And you can showcase your photos," she'd say.
"And you can still maintain your blog, which will be friendlier and nicer for the reader."
I would nod and say "Uh-huh," but all I could think about was the work involved with switching blogging platforms.
(Hello? 8! years of posts).
I have some exciting writing opportunities coming down the pike and after lots of prodding and suggesting (OK, years of prodding and suggesting), I finally listened to Rhonda. She is so good and patient.
(OK, if I'm being honest, I also listened to Cristina too, who'd also been saying the same thing...for years).
Together, Rhonda and Cristina helped me tackle this daunting task.
For several months now, the three of us have been behind the scenes getting this site up and running. I hope you love it as much as we do.
A few important business items:
1. Pretty please with a cherry on top consider subscribing to my newsletter, Solace From The Scriptures: Words Of Comfort For The Imperfect Parent. Each week you will get a scripture passage and brief reflection delivered to your inbox. All the reflections will examine what the scriptures have to say about "perfect" Catholic families and will be penned though a encouraging parenting/family lens. You'll also receive my new e-story entitled A Story About The Virtue Of Courage. It's a true tale about a very imperfect family (my family of origin) and the amazing grace we experienced from the grips of addiction. Subscribe to receive it immediately. You will also get behind the scenes scoop about upcoming projects before anyone else...information you don't want to miss!
2. Please share this work with those you think might need it. We parents are so hard on ourselves and often we are hard on other parents as well. These reflections are meant to bolster the spirits of those moms and dads who are plugging away, trying to do the best they can. If you know of someone who needs some encouragement, send them my way. These passages will help them to know their good parenting efforts are not in vain.
3. Wanna know a little secret? I contributed to a new book, just out from Ave Maria Press entitled The Catholic Mom's Prayer Companion edited by Lisa Hendey and Sarah Reinhard. It's a gem of a book, chockful of thoughtful, beautiful reflections.
(And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased, even if I may be a little biased.)
4. I was on Catholic radio recently with A Seeking Heart With Allison Gingras. She was so easy to talk to and has the most awesome radio voice. We discussed the new book out entitled The Catholic Mother's Prayer Companion, to which I contributed. It's a great resource for moms looking for a little morning pick me up prayer time.
5. And in case you missed it: here are a few recent posts I've had floating around the web lately. Thanks for reading along with me, kind friends. You people are the best around.
See you on the flip side!
P.S. Wondering where you can subscribe? There's an bar right at the top of your browser, or you can just click this: Colleen, I don't want to miss a thing!