Thank you for your interest in the Good Enough Is Good Enough Group Study. I hope this study deepens your faith, cultivates community with other mothers, and reassures you that you are not alone in your parenting struggles. We implemented a pilot program of this book and companion study guide at my parish and the women liked it so much, many of them told me they didn't want our meetings to end! This study guide is the perfect thing to use in a small faith sharing group, book club or mom's group and requires very little preparation before each session.
Instructions for Facilitators:
I wrote the study group to be carried out in seven sessions total, but the first session is optional. It can be used to pass out books, folders and handle other important administrative tasks. Please feel free to skip this step and adopt the study group to fit the needs of your members. The agenda for each meeting is simple.
- Opening prayer
- 15-30 minute gospel reflection
- Guided discussion questions
- Sharing of personal prayer intentions and
- Closing prayer
The total time you meet is up to you, but 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours is plenty of time.
How To Get Started:
- Decide when and where the group will meet.
- Promote the study group. Think about the women you know, especially women who may need to be encouraged in their vocations. Start a list and personally invite them to participate. If meeting at a parish, consider promoting the group in your bulletin or through Flocknote.
- Organize refreshments. If this isn't your strong suit, don't worry! Ask another member to help prepare a pot of coffee and a small snack each week.
- Plan the first meeting. Some items you might want to have on hand: extra books, pens, name tags, and study guide folders.
*I have a passion for helping moms so if you decide to use this program in one of your groups, please email me at email@example.com and let me know. If I'm available, I would love to Skype into one of your sessions and participate with you!
Introductory video to use at the first meeting: see here.